Old May 1st 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Ivor Jones Ivor Jones is offline

Default 2m FM calling practices

"Jack VK2CJC" wrote in
message
"S20" (or "V40" as I suppose we should call it now that
12.5 kHz channels have come into use) is the calling
channel,

Hi Ivor

I left the UK just as 12.5 channels were being
implemented. Are they being used? Or does everyone still
use the old channels but with narrower deviation?

They're not used much, to be honest. Although there are a few simplex
Echolink gateways that use some of them.

"CQ V40" just doesn't seem to sound right to me )

No, you're right, it doesn't, does it..?! ;-)

73 Ivor G6URP