Old May 3rd 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
RDWeaver RDWeaver is offline

Default Kachina 505DSP equivalents

On May 2, 7:52 pm, KC4UAI wrote:

I would think that just about any of the offerings that are remote
control capable would be about the same. If you can hook up a
computer to it and control the rig it will do.

If your needs revolve around casual ragchewing you're probably right.
Heck, my old 1970's Heath SS-9000 might work in that sort of
application.

But those "about the same" mass-market radios wouldn't cut it in a
competitive contesting environment, even if someone is at the front to
ride herd on the hardware controls.

73, RDW