Old May 6th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
The Shadow The Shadow is offline

Default How Popular Is/Was Amateur Radio

" wrote in message
In article ,
Dick Grady AC7EL wrote:

Some areas of the country have a higher density of hams.
My town (Pahrump, NV) has about 35,000 population and 284 hams, for a
ratio
of 1 ham per 123 residents.

Does any other town or city have a higher density?

Some years ago, I realized that a lot of the people I ran across
in my brief visit to Fairbanks were hams. If someone here has an
easy way to get the number of licensees up there, we can compare
it to the Census Bureau's 2003 estimate of 31,000 people.

Patty N6BIS

Use the FCC site -- it says 693 licenses in Fairbanks AK -- Includes Club
Stations