Old May 7th 07, 06:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] patty1@wintertime.com is offline

Default How Popular Is/Was Amateur Radio

In article ,
Dick Grady AC7EL wrote:
We've had a ground-swell of interest in Ham radio here in Pahrump, NV. A lot of
people heard of ham radio due to the publicity it got during Hurricane Katrina.

I imagine that having a nationally syndicated talkshow host who's also
a ham doesn't hurt, either, right? I don't listen to Bell's show, but
I used to have a neighbor who chatted with Bell and other hams after
the show was over, and I got the impression that he mentioned amateur
radio on his show quite often. So does he talk it up around town, too?

Patty