Old May 10th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default How Popular Is/Was Amateur Radio

"Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T)" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 07 May 2007 22:38:07 -0400, AF6AY wrote:

I didn't know the term "honey-do ham" existed until seeing in
these newsgroups. :-)

In 44 years and a half dozen call signs I have to say I've never heard the
term either.

I'm wondering if it is something that was invented on the Internet, sort
of like the current popular practice of capitalizing HAM as though it were
some kind of an acronym.

I heard it first in 1992. The internet was not a significant factor then.

Dee, N8UZE