Old May 10th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Ivor Jones Ivor Jones is offline

Default How Popular Is/Was Amateur Radio

"KØHB" wrote in message
ups.com
On May 10, 12:26 pm, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

Now that one really *does* irritate me. A handle is for
opening a door. I have a *name*, ok..?!

Must be an individual preference thing. I've been
licensed almost 50 years, and have been saying "The
handle here is Hans" all that time. Learned it from my
elders way-back-when and old habits are hard to break I
guess.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Ok Hans, I can understand that, but just out of curiosity, *why* do you
say "handle" instead of "name" - it's not at all obvious to me.

Perhaps you don't know, tell me..! For my part, I don't know why it
irritates me, it just does..! But then I don't know why for a lot of
things..! Someone once asked me why I always put two dots before an
exclamation or a question mark, I don't know why, I just do ;-)

73 Ivor G6URP