Old May 11th 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
George[_3_] George[_3_] is offline

Default The term "Elmer"

I was also licensed in the early 60s and I remember the term "Elmer" being
in common use back then.

George, K6GW

"LA4RT Jon Kåre Hellan" wrote in message
How old is the term "Elmer"?

I was licensed in 1973 or 74, and remained active until abt. 1980. I
can't remember the term "Elmer" from then. This was in Norway, of
course, but I did read QST and the ARRL books. The first mention of
"Elmer" I can remember was on the internet - slashdot.org - in the
nineties. (I didn't find my way back into radio until 2004.)

Did I just miss "Elmer" in the seventies, or is the term more recent?

73
LA4RT Jon