Old May 11th 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
John John is offline

Default 2m FM calling practices

KØHB wrote in
oups.com:

On May 11, 1:41 pm, "The Shadow" wrote:

Calling CQ on a repeater will get you 10 guys replying "We
don't use CQ on repeaters" and a big argument about it.

These 'radio cops' exist on all bands, not just repeaters. I once
wrote a parody/satire humor piece about them, too funny to be posted
here, but you can view a copy at
http://lists.contesting.com/_cq-cont.../msg00393.html

Around my area, pretty much everything goes... (what's legal anyway). The
repeater users are all pretty laid back folks with a lot of tolerance. All
the "repeater cops" pretty much left 2 meters some time ago.