Old June 11th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
William Warren[_2_] William Warren[_2_] is offline

Default Digital question

wrote:
I am interested in geting into digital modes. I have not done
anything with these modes before. Can I get some suggestions on what
is(are) the best software on the market for multiple mode operation?
Are there possibly separate mode freeware programs out there that are
just as good. I have downloaded the freeware digital multi-mode from
F6CTE but have not been able to set it up yet. I have also seen the
MMTTY and DigiPan software mentioned in QST articles.

Thanks for any help on this.

OM, I think your best bet is to start with packet on VHF, because
digital modes are really different from code or voice, and there's a lot
to learn. You can get used Termincal Node Controllers (TNCs) for less
than fifty bucks.

Your best bet is to find someone that's already experienced, and he
might even have some equipment to loan out.

Good luck!

William

(Remove the noise from my signal)