Old June 12th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
cmdr buzz corey cmdr buzz corey is offline

Default A plea for civility

On Jun 12, 7:53 am, Michael Coslo wrote:
cmdr buzz coreywrote:
On Jun 11, 1:20 pm, Michael Coslo wrote:

There is an element on 75 meters that just seems to hate the idea of
Hams having fun, and want to spoil it for others.

There are a lot of cbers on the ham bands who happen to have ham
licenses.

I would respectfully note that the problems cannot all be laid at the
feet of those who use/used Citizen band radios. It is a kind of
convenient word to generalize with, but in the end can add to the problems.

But more importantly, what are we going to do about it? Somewhere
between the world of "You will not say the word "roger" lest ye be
banned from my repeater", and the Dodge City of 75 meters is a middle
ground that needs explored.

Basically, Hams need to accept that there are some of us who have
different accents from us, and may talk differently.

We need to not get spun up when someone says "My handle is...". Or
Roger, or whatever. People who speak Q-signals and give 5 of 9 reports
should not berate others for silly language.

On the other hand, people who interfere with others communications need
dealt with, and dealt with harshly once found.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -

I will rephrase that...there are a lot of cbers and cb types who have
ham licenses.