Old June 14th 07, 05:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Jack VK2CJC Jack VK2CJC is offline

Default A plea for civility

I would respectfully note that the problems cannot all be laid at the feet
of those who use/used Citizen band radios. It is a kind of convenient word
to generalize with, but in the end can add to the problems.

In my experience the bulk of "problem" operators were on air before CB
became a popular hobby.

Using the term "CBer" as a derogatory remark can only lead to pointless
arguments. A tactic some very successfully use as a means to divert debate
away from the fact that bad operators are bad operators regardless of their
other interests, and focus on those newer to the hobby than themselves.

Can we use the term "CBer" to describe people who use CB radio? And accept
that CB is really off topic for this group so why are we talking about these
guys anyway?

--
Jack VK2CJC / MM0AXL
Mid North Coast Amateur Radio Group