Old April 13th 04, 01:37 PM
Pasta chef

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:55:33 +0000 (UTC), (Per-Ake
Andersson) wrote:

I have a powersupply which have been stored for 15 years.
Now I want to use it. But I think the high volt(500 V) capacitors
need to be refreshed (right word?). (To slowly increase the voltage.)

Questions are for ex.: how fast, how long time at each level.
Cant find any info on the net or in the handbook.
Is there any info on the net ? Or here ?

/Per-Ake

Plug it in to a Variac and bring the voltage up very slowly. Do it
over several hours. Better safe than sorry.

Also:
http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=fp...tic+capacitors