Old June 19th 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
AF6AY AF6AY is offline

Default Field Day?

On Jun 18, 6:50?pm, wrote:
Folks,

What are people doing for Field Day this year?

The CONTEST called a "Readiness Exercise" is just another contest.
Always has been. If it's a Contest going on, there's little point in
listening to "the bands" (the HF ones) since there is very little
evidence of actual "Readiness" activity that is supposed to be a
hallmark of an outing in the park with buddies.

If "Field Day" were an ACTUAL Readiness Exercise I would consider
joining in once I had some portable equipment. Since I don't and
since it isn't, I'll just stay in my air conditioned home and "work on
my code."

PIC programming code, that is... :-)

Y'all have fun, heah?

73, AF6AY