Old June 21st 07, 01:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
jim jim is offline

Default Field Day?

hi

our club runs a 7a field day setup at the farm of a member.

everyone is welcome to stop in and operate, log, have fun
and many stay overnight starting friday night.

we are running a GOTA station again this year, big success,
they scheduled groups of scouts (boy and girl), several chruch
youth groups, etc all stopped in and worked HF,
what a blast to see they young pups operate !

all our 7a stations have at least one extra class so anyone
can operate (club member or vistior) we just watch for third party
rules.

all our gear is fullsize base stations running off gensets
either the newer honda inverters (1.5 up to 10kw) or the generac types.

we also invite tv and elected officials to stop in and operate.

73 jimbo