Old June 25th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Jerseyj Jerseyj is offline

Default Field Day?

Hi all,
Hope you all had a great FD, I certainly did. I started out by helping
with setup, and then also worked as a VE in a test session we began at
10AM, had one person go from no license to Extra in that one session!
The test session really worked out well and we're eager to do that again
next year. Got some new club members out of it too *smile*.

I came back at 8pm (an hour earlier than scheduled) with the unlicensed
YL who once more worked as my logger (though I had to bribe her with
some ice cream on the way *smile) and we had a great time, including
contacting W1AW! We also enjoyed contacting many VE3 sations as my wife
is Canadian/American.

We headed home for the night and on the spur of the moment I decided to
head back and help out, so I ended up logging for 3 more hours then made
the last 2 contacts of the event.

All in all , it was a great event for all (with much better weather than
last year when I was working the righ with rain water running down my
back from a hole in the tent...what a deluge).

Wonder if I worked any of you ? We were using our club call of W3QBD, in
Delaware.

Jerry