Old June 25th 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Iitoi Iitoi is offline
Senior Member

Default Ideas needed for a new organization

"Klystron" wrote in message

That said, it seems imperative that hams have some sort of
functioning and EFFECTIVE membership organization. Is there some
existing organization that could serve as the nucleus of a new
membership organization or would it make more sense to form a new
association from scratch?

Dear "xxx",

ARRL is just one of several amateur radio clubs which I am a member of, each for
various reasons. (And I think it is important to note that ARRL is just another
amateur radio club, although larger than most.)

I belong to CADXA to associate with others who work DX.
I belong to NCCC to associate with other contesters.
I belong to SOC to associate with other hams who don't take themselves too
seriously.
I belong to ARRL because they once gave me a scholarship, and to associate with
others who read QST.
If you start a new radio club, maybe I'll find a reason to join it also.

The Man in the maze
QRV at Baboquivari Peak, AZ

--
Iitoi