Old June 25th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default Ideas needed for a new organization

"Michael Coslo" wrote in message
Klystron wrote:
Jim Higgins wrote:
We already have a membership organization so what you must be talking
about is a different membership organization that appeals to a
different set of members. So... exactly which different set of
members would that be?

75% of all hams are NOT members of the ARRL. I'd start with them.

Respectfully, I would suggest that you start the new organization,
Klystron. If the present situation is unacceptable, then go out and change
it.

I might caution you that reading that 75 percent figure that a person can
get a distorted perspective. Are all those Hams active? Are they from the
group of Hams who came in during the so called "honeydo era" when
repeaters functioned as a sort of public cell phone for a lot of folks?
They started dropping off a few years ago, and will likely continue for
several more years.

In addition, there are a significant number of people who simply are not
joiners regardless of what they may think of an organization. Of those who
are active but not members of the ARRL, I'd bet the majority of them simply
fall into the "non-joiner" class.

Dee, N8UZE