Old June 27th 07, 05:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
AF6AY AF6AY is offline

Default Ideas needed for a new organization

On Jun 26, 7:45?pm, Phil Kane wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:28:17 EDT, AF6AY wrote:
That final decision then
becomes a Memorandum Report and Order, colloquially known as
an "R&O." Once that R&O is published in the Federal Register, it
become law.

The MO&O is only one type of Order used in both rulemaking and
adjudicative proceedings.

Thank you for the additional information. I was not trying to
write a treatise on law, just making a simple explanation of
how the FCC does its thing for the benefit of those who are
less informed.

Never fear, I shall endeavor to keep quiet on "adjudicative
proceedings" until I have been admitted to the Bar. [when
do they open and close?]

AF6AY