Old June 30th 07, 12:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] N2EY@AOL.COM is offline

Default June 24, 2007 ARS License Numbers

On Jun 29, 6:02?pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
wrote in message s.com...

We had a test session scheduled for February 23rd and had a
monster turnout. All but two were for upgrades.

IMHO, the major effect of the rules changes have been to increase
upgrades rather than to bring in lots of new hams. But it's only been
four months.

- News like the rules change travels slowly, and its effects even
slower.

Yes I still get people asking about the General credit for the pre-March,
1987 Tech and that has been in effect for 7 years now.

I still encounter people who think they can get a new Novice, Tech
Plus or Advanced license.

My prediction, IIRC, was that in the first year we would see anywhere
from 0 to +1% growth in the total number of currently licensed US
hams.

Well I predicted -1% to +1%.

By the way, your "official guess" on the list I was running was +1% to +2%.
Would you like to change it or just stand on your existing numbers?

Obviously I didn't recall correctly! Thanks for the right numbers.
I'll stick with my original guess. of +1 to +2%.

btw, you might want to run the prediction "contest" rules again in a
new thread so folks who haven't seen it before will know what it
means.

73 de Jim, N2EY