Old July 20th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) Report 1559 - June 29, 2007

LA4RT Jon Kåre Hellan wrote:
"Dee Flint" writes:

snip

A cautionary note here though. This is still less than 25% of all licensed
amateurs. We will have wait and see.

Dee, N8UZE

I'm not sure that's too bad. I've been licensed from 1974. I was
active 1974-1979, and again from 2004. I.e. less than 30% of the time.

The number of licensed amateur seriously overestimates the number of
active amateurs - even the number of amateurs who would like to be
active. That's the case here, where until a couple of years ago, there
was a yearly fee to pay. Probably even more so in the U.S.

This is very true, Jon.

When a number of us get together and chat about the number of hams that
there are, I'm often compelled to mention the chaos that would result if
all were to be active and on the air.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -