Old July 21st 07, 03:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Jerseyj Jerseyj is offline

Default [RAC-Bulletin] Industry Canada Releases New Antenna Siting and Approval Procedures

In article ,
Mike Coslo wrote:

Jerseyj wrote in news:jerseyj69-
:

In article 1184884890.4256.39.camel@linuxprod2,
John Iliffe wrote:

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/epic/site/..._sf01702e.html

Holy cow, if I understand this one has to follow this procedure to put
up something like a end-fed Zepp or similar long-wire antenna ?

A lot of stuff for sure. I assumed that you were talking about the
first link on the page.

I think your Zepp is safe, unless you sre supporting it with two towers.

While there is a lot of verbiage, the requirements read pretty much like
what a lot of us have to do in the States with tower installations. Maybe
a bit more on environmental impact, and certainly indigenous impact. but
not a whole lot different.

Thanks the cell phone folks for prompting such rules. 8^)

- 73 de Mike, KB3EIA -

Well, it's not an immediate problem as I don't move to Canada until I
retire (agreement with my Canadian wife), but my reading of the document
was that the process was required for any antenna type, not just
"structures" going up...maybe I didn't read closely enough.

Jerry