Old July 22nd 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Iitoi Iitoi is offline
Senior Member

Default Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) Report 1559 - June 29, 2007

"Michael Coslo" wrote in message

This will probably be an overall good thing for the league, and probably
Amateur Radio in general. I have always been a little concerned that more Hams
were not members.

Once-upon-a-time-in-a-galazy-far-far-away I'd have agreed with you, but I
believe that the days of "what's good for ARRL is good for ham radio" are past,
and "being a member is the mark of an active ham" is mostly an empty slogan. By
being "everything to everyone" they have steadily eroded support from their core
member base and now are exposed to the realities of the publishing business
which is "subscription churn".

The Man in the Maze
QRU from Baboquivari Peak, AZ

--