Old July 22nd 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) Report 1562 - July 20, 2007

"Iitoi" wrote in message ...

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
36...

What exactly is a "Foundation class" license?

Here's information further to my last post.

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2002/01/10/1/

The Man in the Maze
QRP from Baboquivari Peak, AZ

--
Iitoi

It appears to me like the "Foundation License" is actually more difficult to
get than our current Technician license. The mandatory 10 hour class, while
philosophically a good idea, could be a real hardship for people in our
rural areas and people whose work schedules do not accommodate available
class schedules.

On the other hand, in the US, one can get the short question/answer/brief
explanation books and fit their study into available moments as they come
along in the course of the day.

Dee, N8UZE