Old August 19th 07, 05:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] kelly@dvol.com is offline

Default Diamond Terrace

On Aug 18, 4:37 pm, Dave Heil wrote:
I don't mind the idea that someone will be walking on bricks engraved
with the call of a silent key. I mind the idea that the League will
take a 35 cent brick, engrave it and charge someone a couple of hundred
bucks to place it someplace where the donor will likely never have a
chance to enjoy his pricey purchase. Since Mary Hobart (K1 More Money
Honey) came aboard, the ARRL has been all about raising money through a
number of elitist schemes.

I have some bricks and I just put up another tower. I think I'll buy a
little sand, use my Dremel tool and engrave the callsigns of silent keys
whom I remember fondly. I can place the bricks around the concrete
tower base and look at 'em any time I choose.

"The Wilmington & Western Railroad, owned and operated by Historic Red
Clay Valley, Incorporated (HRCV), has recently installed a "brick
paver" platform at Greenbank Station. This platform provides our
passengers with solid footing when boarding and alighting from trains,
and it connects Greenbank Station with the Red Clay Valley Visitor's
Center, located in the former Yorklyn Station.

You can purchase an engraved paver to publicly show your support for
the Wilmington & Western. 100 percent of the purchase price goes to
the Railroad, and every cent is tax-deductible. Each engraved paver is
limited to three, 15-space lines, at a cost of $100."

http://www.wwrr.com/home.htm

Dave K8MN

w3rv