Old August 22nd 07, 06:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Dave Heil Dave Heil is offline

Default Diamond Terrace

Iitoi wrote:
"Dave Heil" wrote in message
I don't mind the idea that someone will be walking on bricks engraved with the
call of a silent key. I mind the idea that the League will take a 35 cent
brick, engrave it and charge someone a couple of hundred bucks to place it
someplace where the donor will likely never have a chance to enjoy his pricey
purchase.

Give a 5-dollar bill to a Legionaire, and they'll present you with a 3-cent
paper poppy. It's a "token" of your donation, just like the 35-cent brick.

Actually, the Legionaire will just say thanks. A VFW member will give
you a poppy--even for a dime or a quarter.

Dave K8MN