Old August 22nd 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] kelly@dvol.com is offline

Default Diamond Terrace

On Aug 22, 1:44 pm, Michael Coslo wrote:
David Lesher wrote:
Michael Coslo writes:

In the money raising game, it becomes difficult to come up with good
ideas to raise that cash. Membership fees are one way. But when extra is
needed, new ideas are needed. Sometimes a group will offer "lifetime"
memberships. These can generate a bit more spending money. Those are a
good deal for someone who became a lifetime member a long time ago,
(what did a lifetime membership cost in 1970?) but that money is long gone.

I think it was $170.00 that I paid in 1971...

There ya go! Assuming that you joined at this time that year, your
membership has cost $4.72 per year, and can only get smaller! Not a bad
deal at all. My thoughts are that while that money was probably pretty
handy for them in 1971, it was just one time money, and then a sort of
deficit thereafter.

Those monies have been invested over the years and have become a
helluva wad.

- 73 de mike KB3EIA -

w3rv