Old August 24th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Ham WIFI?

xpyttl wrote:

IANAL, but it sounds like shaky ground to me. Of course, you could take
that attitude that the probability of an enforcement action is close to
zero, and you could be right. But I, personally, wouldn't try it.

I've found the QST article dealing with this. Its called

IEEE 802.11 Experiments in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley, on page 35 of
the July 2005 QST. I would be surprised if QST allowed these amateurs to
write up their illegal activities.

QST has some links encouraging this activity also

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/HTML/hi...nications.html

It was written form an EC perspective, but the purpose is pretty clear.

I'll save further comment until I've read the issue.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -