Old August 25th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
h h is offline

Default Ham WIFI?

exactly... Allow no Gateway to the internet... Only allow access to your
station..

In my case.. WiFi user (HAMONLY) can access my BPQ/FBB Packet Station then
link to the world via Packet (isolated protedcted acess) over the
internet... But only to other Packet BBS's... No way to get Google or
sexpit.com type web content... Winlink access would also be available..
But again NO INETNERT... Protect your self its not worth it if you screw
up..

If I have a Ham Realted site I wish to make available to my wifi clients...
They are hosted on my own server, and no way to get to inet.. Inet can get
to my sites.. But visitor coming in on Ham Only Wifi cannot get to
internet...

If you are simply trying to extend your range and want every tom dick and
harry to have internet access... Keep Ham radio out of it... And use Part
15 Rules and live with what you have a Sudo ISP..

Ptherwide Ham Radio is cool and legal.. Just use common sense.. And do not
allow Internet Access via your WiFi...

73 jerry
"Phil Kane" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 12:51:48 EDT, Michael Coslo wrote:

IEEE 802.11 Experiments in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley, on page 35 of
the July 2005 QST. I would be surprised if QST allowed these amateurs to
write up their illegal activities.

QST has some links encouraging this activity also

The encouragement is to use said circuits for ham radio purposes -
WAS on 2.4 GHz ???
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest