Old September 10th 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Dick Grady AC7EL Dick Grady AC7EL is offline

Default What's a good Gel Cell battery to extend operating time with a HT?

I'm looking for a portable rechargeable 12-volt battery, probably a gel cell, to
extend my operating time with a VHF/UHF hand-held to about 12 hours of use.
I envision that I could power my radio by connecting its cigarette lighter power
adapter to the portable battery. The portable battery should be comfortable to
carry with me, for example: attached to my belt, or with an over-the-shoulder
strap. Any ideas?
73 de Dick, AC7EL