Old September 10th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] kelly@dvol.com is offline

Default What's a good Gel Cell battery to extend operating time with a HT?

On Sep 10, 12:49 pm, Dick Grady AC7EL wrote:
I'm looking for a portable rechargeable 12-volt battery, probably a gel cell, to
extend my operating time with a VHF/UHF hand-held to about 12 hours of use.
I envision that I could power my radio by connecting its cigarette lighter power
adapter to the portable battery. The portable battery should be comfortable to
carry with me, for example: attached to my belt, or with an over-the-shoulder
strap. Any ideas?
73 de Dick, AC7EL

I suggest you start he

http://www.batterystuff.com/tutorial_battery.html

Then "run the numbers" per Cecil's post above.

Then Google "Gel Cell Batteries".

http://www.batterystation.com/gelcell.htm

http://www.batterymart.com/c-sealed-...batteries.html

w3rv