Old September 12th 07, 01:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default RF in shack, GFCI issues

BNB Sound wrote:
I assume the internal components were either part of, or reacting to,
some ground loop issues. Anyway, I said all that just so I could ask
if anyone else has had a similar experience, or if anyone has a better
understanding of the physics/electrical engineering issues behind the
problem.

The fan dipole is a balanced antenna. Coax is an
unbalanced feedline. Did you follow good engineering
practice and install a balun at the BALanced to
UNbalanced junction? I suspect you have common-mode
current problems (on your outside coax braid) which
a 1:1 current-choke-balun (or two) could reduce.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com