Old September 12th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Al Schmidt Al Schmidt is offline

Default RF in shack, GFCI issues

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
t...
BNB Sound wrote:
I assume the internal components were either part of, or reacting to,
some ground loop issues. Anyway, I said all that just so I could ask
if anyone else has had a similar experience, or if anyone has a better
understanding of the physics/electrical engineering issues behind the
problem.

The fan dipole is a balanced antenna. Coax is an
unbalanced feedline. Did you follow good engineering
practice and install a balun at the BALanced to
UNbalanced junction? I suspect you have common-mode
current problems (on your outside coax braid) which
a 1:1 current-choke-balun (or two) could reduce.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

I solved my GFCI issues with small valued capacitors line to natural at the
GFCI. I don't think the GFCIs like RF. If you try this make sure you use
capacitors rated for line voltage use.

KD6NT