Old September 17th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
KC4UAI KC4UAI is offline

Default The "Diamond Terrace"

Cecil,

If you mean 501C 3 "non-profit" organization like the Red Cross,
United Way and the like, then the answer is "yes".

But you don't really think that selling these bricks for "profit" to
raise funds is a problem do you? Donations to the ARRL necessary to
get a 'brick" on the terrace are tax deductible. Just like buying
hymnals or seats with your choice of inscriptions for your local
church would be too. The University I graduated from has a similar
program where alumni can "donate" sums of money and get their choice
of inscriptions put on various things around the campus. Donate
enough and they will name a building after you, while you get the tax
write off. I don't see any problem with the ARRL doing their diamond
terrace thing from a tax law perspective.

-= bob =-

On Sep 17, 1:58 pm, Cecil Moore wrote:
KC4UAI wrote:
I really don't think the intent was to offend anybody, only to provide
a means of raising money for the ARRL.

Isn't the ARRL supposed to be non-profit?