Old September 27th 07, 12:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Mindraker Mindraker is offline

Default Suggestion for an HF starter rig

I have an ICOM T-90A (it's my first radio). It's a good "klunker" handheld
radio for beginners. There's a lot you can learn with it; you can't break
it unless you intentionally and deliberately try to. Some things are
annoying, like the fact that the battery charge takes 14 hours, unless you
have a special charger, and you can't transmit while the battery is
charging, but all this is safety-oriented, apparently.
-Mindraker

wrote in message
. ..
I am a newly licensed technician, study for the general exam. I plan to
purchase an HF rig soon and would appreciate suggestions on a good starter
rig. I am budgeting $800 for a rig and antenna. I would be happy with a
good used rig but I am not sure where to start looking for information.

Thanks,

Jim KI6ISQ