Old October 4th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Alan WA4SCA[_2_] Alan WA4SCA[_2_] is offline

Default "Fony Fonetics?"

Hi,

Years ago, I had a list, now long lost, of "Fony Fonetics." It was a
humorous phonetic alphabet of words which either were odd exceptions
where the sound did not match the spelling, or were exotic and hard to
distinguish over the air, such as using syzygy for "S" or Gemini for
"G." I tried the usual Google route, and am wondering if anyone
happens to have a list. I think the original may have been in one of
the ham magazines.

Alan
WA4SCA

--