Old October 5th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Steve Bonine Steve Bonine is offline

Default "Fony Fonetics?"

Alan WA4SCA wrote:

Years ago, I had a list, now long lost, of "Fony Fonetics."

I don't know if I found the one you had, but here's one from rec.humor.funny

The same old standard phonetic alphabet (which you
would use to describe spelling "Wilson" as "Whiskey, India,
Lima, Sierra, Oscar, November") has been used by aircraft
pilots, millitary personnel, and many others for many years
now. So, I finally decided to come up with something a bit
more "original" for those people who annoy me:

A Are N Nine
B Bee O Owe
C Cite P Pseudonym
D Double-U Q Queue
E Eye R Rap
F Five S Sea
G Genre T Tsunami
H Hoe U Understand?
I I V Vie
J Junta W Why
K Knot X Xylophone
L Lye Y You
M Me Z Zero

People don't ask me to spell anything over the
phone anymore.

****************

From uk.radio.amateur

A - arear