Old October 8th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Cassettes/CD's

Ivor Jones wrote:

He is a big fan of classical organ music and we buy him CD's and copy them
onto cassettes for him, but as he is constantly (through no fault of his
own) destroying them, we have to re-record them every so often. The trouble
is, blank cassettes are becoming increasingly difficult to obtain. Those
stores that do still stock them say that when their stocks are exhausted
they won't be having any more.

What my brother and people like him (surely he can't be the only one..?)
will do then is anybody's guess.

Hi Ivor,

This might be a solution.

Radio stations now use "cart" software, instead of the cartridges of old.

I've seen some of this software, at least for the mac - I'm certain that
PC has them too. The sound or music is selected and played after being
digitized and placed on a hard drive. In this way, the CD's can be
digitized into MP3's, and he can select by pushing a key or use a mouse
if he is capable.

I don't know all the particulars of the situation, but maybe this could
help?

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -