Old October 22nd 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bruce in Alaska[_2_] Bruce  in Alaska[_2_] is offline

Default Forty Years Licensed

In article ,
Phil Kane wrote:

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:39:10 EDT, Bruce in Alaska
wrote:

I spent 5 years working for them, untill the ALGORE BloodLetting, that
destroyed Field
Operations as we knew it.

That was the first time that I heard Internet Al blamed for it.

I had always thought that it was Der Hundt, when The Congress laid the
task of rewriting the Cable TV rules on the agency but refused to
approve any more slots (money) for the reg-writers. and he looked
around to see who was expendable. He had no understanding of what the
field did, no matter how hard we tried, and so the blood-letting of
the field started. The then-Bureau chief (Beverly Baker, one of my
law school mentors) resigned rather than go through with it. She was
replaced by a former Chief Recruiting Sergeant for the Marine
Corps.... (no further comment)

I took early-out 10 seconds after it was offered. That's how good
morale was under that cloud 12 years ago.
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest

Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon

e-mail: k2asp [at] arrl [dot] net

ALGORE was the guy who was incharge of the "Reinvention Of Government"
movement under the Clinton Administration. The Commission was one of
first agencies that got "ReInvented", and FOB was the first Bureau
that got slashed. It was interesting that the total number of employees
stayed fairly static thru the whole process..... $60K Engineers and
$45K Field Techs, replaced with $120K Economists, and $100K Lawyers....
and this saved money, How? Oh well, I really enjoyed my time with the
Commission, and the friends I made, and still have, some of whom are
still there. Although fewer, each year.

Bruce in alaska
--
add path before @