Old October 22nd 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane Phil Kane is offline

Default Forty Years Licensed

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:29:37 EDT, Ralph E Lindberg
wrote:

Some 20 years ago I had a job interview with the Regional Engineer, she
was crowing about the $100K budget plus-up he just got, I didn't have
the heart to tell him that I had a $100K pin money budget (as a minor
project lead for the DoD)

One year in the 1980s the annual budget for the FCC was less than
DoD's expenditure for toilet paper. For enforcement budget and
staffing shortfalls, we can thank JEdgar Hoover who made sure that
enforcement activities of agencies other than his fiefdom were starved
for funds. His legacy lives on.
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest