Old November 2nd 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] N2EY@AOL.COM is offline

Default Forty Years Licensed

On Nov 2, 2:04?pm, Phil Kane wrote:
On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 11:44:34 EDT, wrote:
(The Elecraft K3 can send and receive RTTY and PSK31
without a computer, monitor, or
keyboard).

Couple of other modes, too. See the website - the manual is online
now:

www.elecraft.com

Good trick. I can see using the front-panel display for the monitor
but how does one input alphanumeric characters without a
keyboard of sorts?

You send Morse Code to the rig and it translates/encodes the Morse
into the PSK31, RTTY, etc. Paddles are the usual input device.

Built in, not an add-on device. The decoder is reputedly very good
too, its only limitation being the limited display space.

Then again, what do I know? I'm just as lowly K2 "appliance
operator"
ggg

bwaahaahaaa....

73 de Jim, N2EY