Old November 5th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Richard Crowley[_2_] Richard Crowley[_2_] is offline

Default Battery question

"Jack VK2CJC" wrote ...
Perhaps the batteries aren't as good as you think or the last charge
was longer ago than you remember.

4 sets of batteries were all good order and fully charged the day
before leaving and were all flat or almost flat on arrival.

I cant think of any reason why either. Its an odd one )

And it wasn't a one off, I've done this journey a few times, and had
the same results. Its a long trip, UK to Australia, 3 flights, 22
hours in the air. But radio, camera and phone were not switch on
during this time.

Suggestions welcome................

If these are commercial flights, are they going through
any kind of imaging screening equipment? What kind?