Old November 9th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
[email protected] N2EY@AOL.COM is offline

Default Forty Years Licensed

On Nov 6, 8:17?pm, Michael Coslo wrote:
wrote:

Of course it means you have to know how to
send Morse Code in order to
do PSK31 or RTTY without a keyboard, but still.....

Indeed! My Morse code shortcomings are all on the receiving
side. I can
send fairly well, but I have to have a pretty clean signal to hear it
easily.

IMHO the circle game is complete.

I recall an article in QST (March 1964) where, by using
the right key sequences, a 60 wpm RTTY machine
could be made to send Morse Code. This was
particularly useful because in those days amateurs
using RTTY had to ID in Morse Code.

A few years later came the first CW keyboards,
which permitted someone with no Morse Code
sending skills to generate near-perfect Morse Code.

Now we have a rig that will permit a person with
no typing skills to send perfect RTTY or PSK31.

O RLY?

I've always said that Hams are probably the origin of leet.

Naw, the landline telegraphers started it.

- 73 de Mike N3LI

Congrats on the new call!

73 de Jim, N2EY