Old November 15th 07, 12:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
JDP JDP is offline

Default Antennas and Propagation

Those of you with high-end antenna systems: are you hearing DX from
stateside? Are you working DX from stateside? On what freqs. and what UTC
times? I know the current solar cycle is at almost rock-bottom but wonder
if having high-end antennas make a difference as I read an article in QST by
the Force 12 CEO that it did help when he connected an unused antenna at TWR
in Bonaire to their HF rigs. He said it was like turning a light on in a
dark room. The bands came "alive." If propagation is at an all-time low
right now, how is that possible?

jdp