Old November 29th 07, 12:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Joaquin Tall[_2_] Joaquin Tall[_2_] is offline

Default Grounding my HF radio equipment

Hi James,

There are several good articles at the www.eham site on this very subject.
If you can read between the lines of some of the muck slinging, you can come
up with several really good solutions.

Just click on the "view more articles" link [at the top of the horizontal
green separator] HTH.

Alain

"James Barrett" wrote in message
Hi, I did some searches on google for grounding, but all the
information I have found talks about grounding antennas and such
against lightning strikes. But the grounding I am interested in
researching is the type of ground I would use on my HF radio, power
supply, and antenna tuner. I haven't grounded anything yet, but I
would like to. I seem to have a hazy recollection of reading somewhere
that I should use copper braid and connect it to the house ground.
But during my search I found this image (which basically sums up the
article it came from ) http://www.qsl.net/n5nj/kuby/image16.gif

Does it really matter if my equipment is ground to the house ground or
should it really be connected to its own external ground? And if/when
I ground to guard against lightning strikes, would I use that same
external ground or go with yet another external ground?

I'm still doing my research, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks!

Jim