Old November 30th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
James Barrett James Barrett is offline

Default Grounding my HF radio equipment

Michael Coslo wrote:
There are two grounds for your radio system. There is an RF ground, and
there is a power ground. They aren't the same, and even the term
"ground" is a little nebulous. But it is convention.

The is probably the biggest point of confusion for me. What do you mean
by "RF ground"? The type of ground I was asking about is the ground
terminal on the back of my radio,not the three prong power plug. There
is the ground terminal on the back of my radio and there is also a
ground terminal on my power supply, even though both have three prong
power plugs. So, are the ground terminals on the back of my radio and
power supply called RF ground, or are the called Power ground? Because I
thought that the power ground was the three prong plug.

Jim