Old November 30th 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
konstans konstans is offline

Default Grounding my HF radio equipment

wrote in message
On Nov 27, 8:46 pm, Dave Heil wrote:
James Barrett wrote:

But somewhere along the line somebody in the ham groups stated that
the National Electrical Code states that there shall be one and *only
one* grounding point per power drop and the neighborhood code cops and
the insurance companies reportedly get stiff about it.

the NEC refering only to the household AC wring(soon hopefully to DC circuts

at least according to the local electrical inspector

our system for RF are another affair all together

the inspector also aprooves the use if desired of seperate eletectal ground
when service of more than one voltage and/ot freq is ainvolved

in my case I have a houshold from the ower company enterance a seprate
gorund for my various solar and wind systems 12-48 v DCdepending on the
location plus the seperate Ground from my station

most inspector in my experence would rather our rf system were not grounded
in to the mais ground since they don't uderstand RF at all