Old December 12th 07, 07:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bryan Bryan is offline

Default 10M contest

Jack VK2CJC wrote:
when the Steelers-Patriots game began.

Not being from the US, this is a phenomenon of which I am unfamiliar.

What's it all about?

--
Jack VK2CJC / MM0AXL
FISTS #9666 CW Ops QRP Club #753

Hi Jack,

It's what we call football (played with protective padding) in the states.
I would hazard a guess that soccer or rugby (played w/o padding) is a bit
rougher.
I understand that the difference between soccer and rugby is that in soccer,
injuring your opponent is incidental to scoring while in rugby, scoring is
incidental to injuring your opponent. ;-)

73,
Bryan WA7PRC