Old December 12th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bill Gunshannon Bill Gunshannon is offline

Default 10M contest

In article ,
Eric Oyen - N7ZZT writes:
KØHB wrote:

So who broke the 10 meter band? More so who is going to fix it and
when? (Better be someone good as the last one who worked on it didn't
do so good.......downright well..... unsatisfactory!)

I suspect most scores from this weekend may look more like the typical
number of band changes on a multi-band contest than total score.

Beep beep,

de Hans, K0HB

I Heard nothing but noise anywhere I tuned in the technician class segmen
(28.5 and down). no signals, not even a local calling CQ. what gives?
DE N7ZZT

I have just set up my vertical and a couple of HF rigs after a hiatus of
more than a decade. I have not heard a single station above 40M yet.
I did hear a PA0 on 80M, good signal too.

Guess I picked the wrong time to get interested again. :-( Looking
around for antenna wire now so I can get some kind of a dipole up as I
was really never impressed with the oerformance of any of my trap verticals.
Sure wish I knew what I did with that W3DZZ Trap Dipole I started with in
Germany 30 years ago!!

bill
KB3YV

| and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton |
Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include std.disclaimer.h