Old December 12th 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bert Hyman Bert Hyman is offline

Default 10M contest

(Bill Gunshannon) wrote in
:

I have just set up my vertical and a couple of HF rigs after a
hiatus of more than a decade. I have not heard a single station
above 40M yet. I did hear a PA0 on 80M, good signal too.

Guess I picked the wrong time to get interested again.

Not necessarily; there's nowhere to go but up as the sunspots return.

I run Faros on the PC in the shack every weekend, from Friday
afternoon 'til Sunday evening watching and waiting ...

http://www.dxatlas.com/Faros/

One of my earliest ham-radio memories is a 1961 CQ cover with the
depressing title "Cycle 19 - The Declining Years" (I was first
licensed in January 1961).

--
Bert Hyman | W0RSB | St. Paul, MN |