Old December 14th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Mark Kramer Mark Kramer is offline

Default Followup on my Tech class

In article ,
Steve Bonine wrote:
The class consisted of six sessions held on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so

This also works as a weekend -- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, testing
on Sunday, for people who can be motivated enough to read the ARRL book
outside class.

Here's the real shocker for me: The VE team mailed the package back to
the ARRL on Friday (11/30). The calls were in the FCC database
yesterday (12/3). The ARRL couldn't have received the forms before
yesterday, so that means that on the same day that the paperwork reached
the ARRL the calls were issued.

The ARRL uploads into the FCC database directly, which assigns the calls.

Laurel VEC, which does Hamvention in Dayton, posts the calls of people
who take the test Friday ON SATURDAY. I asked how they do this, was told
Laurel gives the Dayton VE team authority to upload data themselves.
Sweet. The database is offline on the weekend, so Saturday testees have
to wait until Monday.

ARRL VEC side of operations has their heads on straight. Now if they
gave tests for free and let their VE teams upload ...